By Benjamin Cuaresma

MANILA — The city government here will release ₱476.49 million in financial assistance to senior citizens, solo parents, and persons with disabilities (PWDs) from January 28 to 30, 2026, officials announced Friday (23 Jan 2026.

The initiative aims to support the city’s most vulnerable sectors and ensure timely disbursement of overdue allowances.

Mayor Francisco “Isko” Moreno Domagoso said a total of 282,040 beneficiaries are set to receive the aid during the three-day payout period. The schedule is organized by district: Districts 1 and 2 on January 28, Districts 3 and 4 on January 29, and Districts 5 and 6 on January 30.

The allowances will cover arrears from previous months: September to December 2025 for solo parents and PWDs, and October to December 2025 for senior citizens. Specifically, 205,505 senior citizens will receive ₱325.839 million, 16,673 solo parents will get ₱33.346 million, and 49,687 adult PWDs will receive ₱97.458 million. An additional ₱19.845 million has been set aside for 10,175 PWD minors.

Mayor Domagoso noted that from July to December 2025, the city government had already released over ₱700.315 million in allowances and pensions for these sectors, combining city-funded support and national government social pensions distributed through the city.

“Ibig sabihin po nito, mahigit ₱1.1 billion na po ang nailabas natin mula noong ibinalik tayo ng taumbayan sa pwesto noong June 30, 2025,” the mayor said, reaffirming his commitment to assisting Manila’s vulnerable populations.

ia/

Leave a Reply

Discover more from Bayan News

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading